Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 27 & 28: Tiered Skirt and Simple Maternity Top


DSC_0903

Technically I am now 29 weeks, but heck, I've been sewing a lot clothes lately (mainly because I owned hardly anything that fit me anymore...) But between sewing, wearing and washing not much photographing took place. So here two late projects... the tiered skirt in a lovely coral colored lightweight super soft fabric that is a dream to wear in the summer but not so much a dream to sew with. It's woven pretty loosely and frays like hell... if you need to use a seam ripper you might as well just cut of the seam incl. fabric with scissors. Anyways I like the skirt!

For the top I harvested some fabric from leftover XL T-shirts. I used a top that fit me for orientation but made the front piece about 10cm/4 inches longer than the back so I could ruffle it a bit for a better fit around the belly. It has still room to grow which I will need...

2 comments:

  1. This looks like something I could live in during the third trimester. Lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, I like your coral dress and T-shirt, too. It's the perfect color.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...