Monday, February 20, 2012

FREDERIKA

Source: ikea.com via Lydia on Pinterest

This is Frederika, she is Swedish, and she lives all around the world in IKEA. When I first met her, I loved her right away, she's so cheerful and happy and colorful. I had to take her home. And I did. I sewed up every little piece of her, I couldn't let the tiniest strip go to waste. From only 2 meters she gave us tons of pillow joy.

DSC_0003
This is a large cover that is stuffed with 3 old couch back pillows.
DSC_0005
It has an opening on the side so I can take it off for washing. It's basically made like a regular pillowcase, just with the opening on the long side, and than divided into 3 equal parts.
DSC_0312
with the leftovers I made 2 cushions for little chairs...
DSC_0314
I love how the large print works on the little square.
DSC_0301
and the leftovers from that became little pillows - I mean doll size.
DSC_0303
I like how the round one turned out. And some members of the family love the pillow fight quality of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...