Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Made It!

I finally finished the rag doll for my daughter! I almost had given up on that project not just once. One reason was my  cursed antique sewing machine, which I have a love-hate relationship with.  Anyways, this doll wasn't as easy as I thought... not the dolls fault. After my husband had seen it yet without hair or face, he just said it looks scary and frankly he was thinking that this doll was ugly. Sure with the slightly weird form of the head it wasn't Miss Rag Doll who would win a beauty contest, but still... this comment discouraged me from finishing it. But believe it or not, when my baby girl saw the unfinished "ugly" doll, she just loved and hugged it. That was motivation enough to keep working on it. One month of procrastination later I finally made it! And here it is:

I used to have one of these when I was a little girl. My aunt had made it. I don't have a picture, but I do remember!



Look at all that hair. I actually added by hand EVERY SINGLE HAIR fixed with a knot. But that was a good plan, because it made the hair look so full and nice and I could cover up the seams that fixed the weird head into a "normal" head...


Isn't she cute?



By the way - the skirt is a doll size version of the simple gathered skirt from Dana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...